The correctness, accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of a Project Schedule depend heavily on its quality. A good quality brings about project success. Good quality gives project managers a good handle on what needs doing. As such, he gets good results. Conversely, the consequences of a poor-quality schedule are practically endless. If unaddressed, the schedule remains counter-intuitive, disconnected, or disjointed, resulting in poor project control. Low quality produces a bad schedule not fit for quantitative risk analysis, making incorrect probability calculations. It will also likely generate a flawed critical path, influencing the project to focus on the wrong activities and priorities.
PM Solution Pro, a management consulting group, offers remote support in Schedule Quality Assessment, Reviews, and Audits. We have successfully used Deltek Acumen Fuse toolset in supporting various clients and project organizations. Our team can also guide your project organization in the development of your very own standard in-house Schedule Quality Metrics, making it possible to assess an entire project portfolio in a fraction of the time compared to manual means.
About the Author
Rufran C. Frago is the Founder of PM Solution Pro, a Calgary consulting, product, and training services firm focusing on project and business management solutions. He is passionate providing advice, mentorship, education and training through consultation, collaboration, and what he uniquely calls, student-led training.
BOOKS AUTHORED BY RUFRAN FRAGO
- Risk-based Management in the World of Threats and Opportunities: A Project Controls Perspective.ISBN 978-0-9947608-0-7.Canada
- Plan to Schedule, Schedule to Plan.ISBN 978-0-9947608-2-1.Canada
- How to Create a Good Quality P50 Risk-based Baseline Schedule.ISBN 978-0-9947608-1-4.Canada
- Schedule Quantitative Risk Analysis (Traditional Method).ISBN 978-0-9947608-3-8.Canada
- RISK, What are you? The Risk Management Poem: Children’s Book for all Professionals.ISBN 978-0-9947608-4-5 (Canada)